Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Walking In Your Own House?






Is your house dedicated to the LORD? How do you walk in your own house? What kind of friends do you 'hang' with or take 'counsel' from? All grammar errors aside, I was pondering this Psalm in the light of those questions for myself today. Sometimes the hardest place for us to walk blameless [upright] is in our own house. How about you?



  • Psalm 101:1-6

Of David. A psalm.

1 I will sing of Your love and justice; to You, O LORD, I will sing praise.
2 I will be careful to lead a blameless [upright] life— when will You come to me? I will walk in my house with blameless [upright] heart.
3 I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.
4 Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will I put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.
6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he whose walk is blameless [ upright] will minister [counsel] to me. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: