Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Don't Worry... TRUST

Today is my spiritual birthday!!! I am 38 years young in the LORD!! I like that 'spiritual' age much better than my real ' physical' age! But God is good! I'm thankful for both!

God has been pouring down blessings from heaven today like rain - again. Sometimes I just shake my head when I watch Him at work! His ways are just so cool! He always does things with that 'surprise element' - just to show me His power and His tender care for me.

These are the verses that He gave me just a short time ago as I've had to deal with new car insurance - possibly selling one of the vehicles - you know all those things that women (me) fret about doing. We hate this stuff. But He's showing me that it's all in His hands - if I give it over to Him! He will go before me!

· Luke 12: 22-31

Then, turning to His disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?
27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
29 “And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. 30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and He will give you everything you need. [emphasis mine]


I chose purple because it has always been my favorite color since childhood. I've often wondered why. In my studies of the Word this week - I found that it represents royalty. I am a child of the KING! So today I put on my 'royal robes' as I celebrate my love for Jesus and His continuing love for me! Praise Him!

I hope each one of you reading this can celebrate your own birthday in Jesus. If not, there's no better time like today! I already told the LORD that there would be no greater birthday gift He could give me - than for another person to receive Him on this very day!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: