Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, January 19, 2008

Show Me Your Glory

Have you ever asked God to "show you His glory"? Moses was one of few people who did and God was pleased to show him. Exodus 33 is one of my very favorite passages in all of the Old Testament.

Moses asked this of God [in a response of WORSHIP to Him] . Do you see the intimacy that Moses and God had together? God's glory and His goodness are inseparable.

Exodus 33:17-23

17 And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."
18 Then Moses said, "Now show me Your glory."
19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim My Name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But," He said, "you cannot see My face, for no one may see Me and live."
21 Then the LORD said, "There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove My hand and you will see My back; but My face must not be seen." [emphasis mine]


When we (today) ask God to "show us Your glory"... He does it through the express image of His Son, Jesus Christ! I love how all of the Old Testament points to Christ so that the entire Bible - the 'whole counsel of the Word of God' is God-breathed for our benefit to know and understand Who God is but also to know Him personally! Wow! Drink in the words of this next passage!

Hebrews 1:1-3

1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: