Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Bob


Today marks the 2nd year anniversary (Father's Day) when God turned everything around for Bob in his "124 Days of All Sufficient Healing and Grace". Those are the words written across his grave plaque - taken from 2 Corinthians 12:9.

I visited Bob's grave site today after church. Last year the kids and I spent an hour there together singing, reading scripture, and praying - all in remembrance of that First Father's Day in 2006 when we spent an entire afternoon praying over him, sharing scripture, and praying together. I remember how overwhelmed Bob was because his healing had begun - he was a new man from just the day before. God had given him scripture to read too - but some of it was so powerful - speaking right to his heart - that the words could not come out of his mouth. I will never forget all the preparation days that had led up to that very day. Even the kids in Florida were able to participate by phone. It was a "family Father's Day" we will never forget. I recall the video I had made for Bob (as instructed by the LORD). I was concerned about showing it to him - this video of his life. I asked the LORD the day before, "What will I say to him when I give it to him to watch?" The LORD replied, "Tell him, 'Happy Father's Day, Bob', from your Heavenly Father." So clear and so plain the LORD spoke that day. I had no more fear - only willingness to just do what God asked me to do. Bob loved it all - the video - the 3 hours of Prayer, Praise in singing, and Scriptures read. There has not been a day like it since. God healed physically for those first 40 days - then began to prepare Bob for his ultimate home going! Bob became a new man - inside and out! 124 Days we will never forget!
As I just finished reading more of my devoted time with the LORD in His Word - He brought me [by His Hand] to this Scripture passage. In my Bible I have it marked on 6-18-06 (Father's Day) - with a note along side this scripture that reads: "Let the Healing begin."
This is the original Doxology!

Romans 11:33-36
Doxology
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable His judgments,
and His paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been His counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen. [emphasis added]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[30-Days of Faith Tested]

No comments: