Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HEALTHCARE for LIFE



Every once in a while a passage of Scripture comes upon me that speaks to my heart so much - that I re-write it to what I call my own "make it practical" version. Below is one that I wrote several years ago and have printed out on a worn piece of pink paper - right in the same place it is found - tucked in my Bible. I hope that it speaks to your heart. By following this passage over the last 2 years - my life has been dramatically transformed by the power of God!

Proverbs 4:20-27
(SKB “ make it practical” version)

Listen to My Words and hear what I have to say to you. Read them over an over and keep them close to your heart. In My Word you will find life and also health for your soul. Keep listening for Me to speak to you through those Words day in and day out – because in them is where you will find instruction concerning your life. Be careful what you say. Let your mouth speak only good things and keep your eyes on Me. Think about Me when you decide which path to follow – then stick to it firmly.
Don’t get sidetracked ~ and stay away from what you know to be wrong.

ONLY GOD has the power to take a sinful, selfish, side-tracked life and put it back on track. But He can only do it through the power of His Word and His Holy Spirit working daily in that life.

"Understanding and living by GOD-CENTERED priorities set us free to resist the downward pull of selfishness and greed. When we are most aware of God's GRACE and GOODNESS to us, we can become God's very hands and feet of mercy to people in need." ~ Elizabeth George

Staying Close and Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[30 Days of Faith Tested]

2 comments:

kimberly said...

I love this. This picture and this verse reminds me of the famous poem by Robert Frost "the road less traveled". I love how this picture relates to our lives. Yes, there will be curves and bends but if we keep the LORD'S word and trust HIM we will find that we are traveling strait towards HIM in the end. thanks, stephanie

TRUTH SHARER said...

A beautiful response to this [in what you wrote] Kimberly - straight from God's heart... His heart in you!! And to think... you are just a "baby Christian" - but one growing by leaps and bounds!!That's Jesus' transforming power in your life - shining through!!