Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting PERSONAL


Isaiah 43
Israel's Only Savior
Read this Scripture with your name inserted and see how personal our God is toward those He calls: His Own


1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
He who created you, [ Stephanie ] O Jacob ,
He who formed you, [ Beth ] O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you [ Sandy ];
I have summoned you [ Kim ]
by name; you [ Caroline ] are Mine.
2 When you [ Lisa ] pass through the waters,

I will be with you [ Lucy ];
and when you [ Heidi ] pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you [ Tina ].
When you [ Becky ] walk through the fire,
you [ Susan ] will not be burned;
the flames will not set you [ Brenda ] ablaze.
3 For I AM the LORD, your [ Theresa's ] God,

the Holy One of Israel, your [ Barbi's ] Savior;
I give Egypt for your [ Donna's ] ransom,
Cush and Seba in your [ Kate ] stead.
4 Since you [ Lillian ] are precious and honored in My sight,

and because I love you [ Wendy ],
I will give men in exchange for you [ Janice ],
and people in exchange for your [ Sharon's ] life.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you [Sue ];

I will bring your [ Amy's ] children from the east
and gather you [ Lorianne ] from the west.
6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'

and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-
7 everyone [ FAITH ] who is called by My name,

whom I created for My glory,
whom I formed and made." [emphasis added]

What water has swept over you recently? What fire are you walking through? What promises does God say in His Word? Do you believe them? Do you believe HIM?
Our God is faithful. God promises to walk through everything with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Whatever is overwhelming your heart and mind today - take hold of God's Hand and walk through it with Him. He's never let go of your hand! Be blessed!

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Flying High Without Fear]

No comments: