Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, January 4, 2009

LOVE WITHOUT DISSIMULATION


This morning, the worship team leader at our church shared some verses from:

Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)
Living Sacrifices
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. [emphasis added]

It's a familiar passage that most of us know. When I came home I wanted to read it over again and glean what else God was speaking to my heart. I had memorized those scriptures from the King James Version so I dug out my KJV and began reading further. The passage that hit me the most is the first one in this section [highlighted].

Romans 12 (selected) KJV
9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
21 Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. [emphasis added]

Let love be without dissimulation. What does that word really mean? I dug out two dictionaries and this is what God spoke about love from verse 9 in relation to the meaning of DISSIMULATION.
Love without.... Disassembling

Love without.... Hypocrisy

Love without.... Disorder

Love without.... Pretending

Love without.... Disguise

Love without.... Concealing true motives or thoughts

Love without.... Pretense

Love without.... Acting Hypocritical

Love without.... Speaking Falsely

Love without.... Lying

Love without.... Tearing Down

LOVE is... GOD'S TRUTH...
The Whole Truth - and nothing but the TRUTH!

May we all truly learn to give and receive love without dissimulation!

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[Embracing Real JOY]

3 comments:

kimberly said...

"Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness, Morning by morning new mercies i see..all that I need is thou has provided"
We sang this song today at our church!The theme today was "Don't worry". I loved it!
Stephanie happy new year!!!!
(i was using caps to sign before-thats why it wouldnt let me in-haha)I miss you soo muchhhh. I miss being here...The LORD has so much for all of us who believe. Each day i think of the LORD and i find myself with tears in my eyes. I have so much love for my savior. I now know how you and lynn feel about the grace of our Heavenly Father. Praise God!

Unknown said...

Good one

TRUTH SHARER said...

Thanks for bringing me back to read my own words again from the truth of God's Word. His WORD stands firm forever!!