Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, June 15, 2007

Everything or Nothing

  • John 15:1-5

The Vine and the Branches
1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me.
5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. [emphasis mine]


I have known these verses in my head for 30-some years... until last month when God spoke them to my heart. I can't shake that last part - it keeps me down under (His wings) - following behind (His lead) - listening always for (His voice) - obeying eagerly (His commands)!

Now look at the contrast to this:

Philippians 4:13 - KJV

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

We can have it all by cooperating with His agenda - or we can fail and accomplish nothing when we seek our own agenda! And it's always our choice - He never forces anything upon us. He just invites us to seek His best! It's everything or nothing!!
Abiding in His arms and...
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

No comments: