Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Whispers of His Word

2PM
Today has become a day of “settling in with the Lord” – through calming and quieting myself before Him today! He has spoken volumes in the whispers of His Word.
  • Exodus 33:14-18
14 The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
15 Then Moses said to Him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that You are pleased with me and with Your people unless You go with us? What else will distinguish me and Your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"
17 And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."
18 Then Moses said, "Now show me Your glory."
[emphasis mine]


As long as this chapter (33) has been my favorite one in the entire OT – I did not recall the reasons God gave Moses for why He finally agreed to go with him. Perhaps I need to read it and reflect upon it more often.

Moses asked for God's Presence to go with him and the people. God was pleased with Moses and Moses asked persistently. This is the very thing I asked the Lord about this past week and even today. He continues to give the same response even while I fear failure to obey Him. When I ask for His Presence - He continues to go before me in all that I do!

I also asked the Lord a few weeks ago – that when that time comes – when I am really in His will doing what pleases Him the most – that He will bring the rain that is so needed here in our area. It began raining an hour ago - a beautiful steady rain – soaking the earth – bringing new life to what needs to grow!

God is faithful and worthy to be praised!
May glory and honor be His - now and forever!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

Isaiah 55:8-11 - as a follow up!

8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is My Word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments: