Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, January 11, 2008

Hanging in the Balance


















Yesterday, I received one of the phone calls that you don't want to hear. A dear friend, who has cancer, suffered a massive stroke. She is still alive, but hanging in the balance between life and eternal life - between earth and heaven. This is one of those circumstances where we must keep our focus on the truth - on Jesus Christ. Many of you know and love my dear friend. She loves Jesus and has a very personal relationship with Him. All through this journey God has asked her the same question, "Do you TRUST ME to take you through this?" Her answer has always been. "Yes, Lord, I trust You, even when it's hard, I trust you." Those conversations between her and her Lord are ones that she has shared with me and many others. Our God is real - He is alive and active. She has often reminded me that earth is not our home - heaven is.

These passages are her living testimony and have meant the most to her through these last few years. I ask you to pray for my friend and her family. Jesus knows her by name - she is HIS child! God has been with her through every step - and He is Sovereign STILL! God is waiting for her. She has a home He has prepared in heaven for her. She received that gift the day she invited Jesus Christ into her heart and life - to be her LORD, and her Savior.



  • Psalm 73:23-26 (NLT)

Yet I still belong to You;

You hold my right hand.

You guide me with Your counsel,

leading me to a glorious destiny.

Whom have I in heaven but You?

I desire You more than anything on earth.

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,

but God remains the strength of my heart;

He is mine forever.


Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: