Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, January 9, 2008

No Surprise!

Today has been one of those days that began when the pipes in my house sounded like they were going to explode. If you've ever heard a helicopter hovering close by - or a plane flying really low where all the windows and doors shook in your house - that's just about what it sounded like when I sat straight up in my bed at 4AM . It even scared the cat and the dog.
I prayed over it all night and into the morning and asked God to "go before me" - as I have done before. It took two different men (one at 4 AM - one at 8AM) and 4 hours in between to find that it was a simple problem - that ended in a split second.

All afternoon I asked the LORD to teach me something from all of that. Suddenly another major crisis - again with water - but this time a different pump. What seemed (again) like it was going to be a major problem - turned out to be a good thing - and not anything major at all. (God sent another good man to help).

Circumstances don't always end this way - but when I see how all the events that seemed like a major crisis - were solved with a little "working through", and much prayer - I learned that trusting HIM for everything - WORKS!

When I began to write this BLOG - a song came on (below) that I have been listening to for over two weeks now - but this time I stopped to really listen to all the words. Wow! Did God speak to this or what?

Album CD: Windows and Walls

Nothing Takes YOU by Surprise – by Mark Harris

It may be a phone call, that comes without warning,
and suddenly my world is shaken
It may be a headline... I wake to one morning
and suddenly my heart is breaking
But every now and then,
There’s a truth I trust, that calms my heart.

chorus:
Nothing takes YOU by surprise,

Even ‘neath these troubled skies.
There’s a comfort just to realize,
Nothing takes YOU by surprise.

Sometimes the hard times... seem senseless and random
Like life’s just a series of chances.
But come what may, YOU never left us abandoned.
YOU are God over ALL circumstances.
And nothing on earth... could ever change YOUR plans
YOU’RE in control, we’re in YOUR hands.

chorus:

Though bitter winds blow, this truth is sweet,
Things out of our hands, are still under YOUR feet-
Whatever crisis may arise,
Jesus– YOU’E LORD of our lives…
Nothing takes YOU by surprise.

Did you happen to catch the title of the CD above? I just caught that - God still has a sense of humor and so should we! God is good; God is faithful!

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

Thanks, Tom, Dan and Jeff for being faithful in caring for widows. I praise God for you. HE will honor you for the time you took to help. HE never left me abandoned!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: