Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, March 12, 2009

God's COVENANT Love


Psalm 89 (selected)
A maskil of Ethan the Ezrahite.
1 I will sing of the LORD'S great love forever;
with my mouth I will make Your faithfulness known through all generations.
2 I will declare that Your love stands firm forever,
that You established Your faithfulness in heaven itself.
3 You said, "I have made a covenant with My chosen one,
I have sworn to David ____________ [insert your name] My servant,
4 'I will establish your line forever
and make your throne firm through all generations.' "
Selah
5 The heavens praise Your wonders, O LORD,
Your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
11 The heavens are Yours, and Yours also the earth;
You founded the world and all that is in it.
12 You created the north and the south;
Tabor and Hermon sing for joy at Your name.
13 Your arm is endued with power;
Your hand is strong, Your right hand exalted.
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne;
love and faithfulness go before You.
15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You,
who walk in the light of Your presence, O LORD.
16 They rejoice in Your name all day long;
they exult in Your righteousness.
17 For You are their glory and strength,
and by Your favor You exalt our horn.
20 I have found David [__________] my servant;
with My sacred oil I have anointed him.
21 My hand will sustain him;
surely my arm will strengthen him.
24 My faithful love will be with him,
and through My name his horn will be exalted.
34 I will not violate My covenant
or alter what My lips have uttered.
36 ...that his line will continue forever
and his throne endure before Me like the sun;
37 it will be established forever like the moon,
the faithful witness in the sky." Selah [all emphasis added]

About a year ago I wrote a song for my 2 year old grandson, Jyden. I wanted to teach him about God's covenant love for us. The moon and the sun and the rainbow declare - each as a faithful witness in the sky - the Covenant love that only God can make - and will not violate or rescind.
The Moon Song
The moon...
in the sky...
is a witness...
of God's...
covenant...
love!

We do hand motions too, and it is precious to my heart when he sings it with such enthusiasm. We do different hand motions for the sun and the rainbow - but it's all about the ending part - God's Covenant love! Simple words - simple gestures - profound meaning!

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Time to FLY]

******* LAST DAY FOR BOOK DRAWING ENTRY *******
**********************************************************
FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY Drawing On Friday, March 13th
'Comment' HERE - and ENTER to win one of five copies of
In A Pit With a LION On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
Click here: TRUTHSHARER: FREE BOOK [5] GIVEAWAY *********************************************************

No comments: