Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, March 10, 2009

God's UMBRELLA POLICY


Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare

and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with His feathers,

and under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—

even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,

no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For He will command His angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges My Name.
15 He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him

and show him My salvation." [emphasis added]

In these uncertain times - are you considering additional "umbrella insurance" to cover what 'might' or what 'could' happen to you? Truthfully, we have no [zero, nada, zilch] control over anything in this world. Satan loves to 'tease our fears' with the 'what if' question. He scares us into thinking we need protection in every form - 'just in case'.

I lift up this Psalm to you instead. What facts are presented here? What is the LORD speaking to your heart? What response does He desire?

He is MORE than enough for us and HIS UMBRELLA POLICY has us completely INSURED
- vs. 9-10: If you make the Most High your dwelling— ...
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.

It's another one of those IF - THEN passages.
IF WE...
  • dwell in the shelter of the Most High
  • trust Him
  • love Him
  • acknowledge His Name
  • pray to Him
- THEN He will do His part.

HE WILL...
  • give you rest
  • save you
  • cover you
  • protect you from danger
  • keep you from harm
  • keep you and your family from disaster
  • command His angels to guard you and lift you up
  • give you victory against the foe
  • rescue and protect
  • answer you when you call to Him
  • be with you through troubles
  • deliver and honor you
  • satisfy you with long life
  • give you the ultimate - His salvation

I don't know about you but I don't think there's a better insurance policy out there on the market. I'd rather invest in this one! He's covered me with this policy for the 39 years of my spiritual life - He'll cover me faithfully for the rest of my days [and yours]. Let's trust Him for it!

*************************************************

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,

Stephanie [Time to FLY]

**********************************************************

FINAL COUNTDOWN FOR THE BOOK DRAWING

FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY Drawing On Friday, March 13th

'Comment' HERE - and ENTER to win one of five copies of

In A Pit With a LION On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson

Click here: TRUTHSHARER: FREE BOOK [5] GIVEAWAY

**********************************************************

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Dwelling in Christ...that's where I struggle today. So many interruptions...so many schemes designed to get me off track in my spiritual life. Today, my walk with God is a choice. Most days, a joy; today a deliberate obedience. I know that my God is faithful to keep me and to show me his love. I'm taking him at his word this night.

peace~elaine

Yolanda said...

Totally agree, He and He alone is the best insurance policy and He has nothing hidden...it's all out there in the open for the Believer to read as well as the un-believer.

Love to you,
Yolanda

Edie said...

He is my Umbrella. Even if I get a little sidetracked He draws me back to His side. I love my God.