6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." [emphasis mine]
- Did I fail in my love and obedience to the LORD? (our obedience is proof of our love)
- Did I give Him my all? (He doesn't want half-hearted souls or lukewarm soldiers)
- Is my love relationship with Him stronger today than yesterday?
- Have I asked forgiveness for my failures, repented and turned back to Him? (His mercies are new every morning)
- What did God teach me these last few weeks that He wants me to establish as a permanent path in my life? (He doesn't teach us things for nothing)
Tomorrow is my birthday... yep, April Fool's Day!! It's also the 1st day of a new month giving hope of a new land to be conquered, a new area of our life to have victory. When tomorrow comes, read Psalm 25: 4-10 all over again. Can you then check off these bullet points?
- I learned something new about myself and about my God.
- I obeyed what God was asking of me.
- My obedience brought great blessing to my life.
- I know & love my God even more than I did yesterday!
- I spent more time in prayer and praise to my God!
- My God is an Awesome God, worthy to be praised and magnified!
10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill My gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." [emphasis mine]
May we be found faithful in our love for Him as He is always faithful in His love for us!